From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 3:07 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: simple JCL question

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:38:09 -0400, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:

>>You generally laud JCL for embracing Assembler's syntactic
>>conventions.  Another it spurned was order-independence of keyword
>>arguments.
>
>WTF? Keyword arguments in JCL are order-independent. Perhaps you are
>thinking of references to specific steps, but there's no analog to
>that in assembler.

Try:

    //STEP  EXEC  PARM='42',PGM=IEFBR14

-- gil

The information contained in this e-mail may contain confidential and/or
privileged information and is intended for the sole use of the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please reply to
sender and destroy or delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.