From: "Lizette Koehler" <stars...@mindspring.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 3:42:36 AM
Subject: 3270 Emulator Software

I just went through the archives looking for generic information on 3270
emulators.  There is a lot but no specific to my requirements.

So here goes.

What are - say - the top 5 emulators everyone uses out there.

I have in my list so far

Hummingbird

Bluezone

HOD (Host on Demand - IBM) - an I am not sure what other software is
required to run this (Websphere or other?)

!Extra

Pcomm

Rumba

However, I was wondering if there were others.

My requirements are support (well supported), cost, encryption and usage
across a wide platform (z/OS, Linux, Windows, etc.).  And it has to be
deployed via Citrix.

I am not sure what anyone else is using out there for this type of software.
I love Vista3270 but I am not sure that my company will even look at it.

Is there a preference out there or is it just a random acquisition - kinda
like I like the pink one?

Or does someone have an evaluation analysis write up on this type of
software that they would be willing to share?

I am not usually in the front in the RFP but this time I am and it would
help me to know what to look for when selecting a 3270 emulator.

Thanks

Lizette