On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 08:45:03 -0500, McKown, John
<john.mck...@healthmarkets.com> wrote:

>This seems to be a definate lack to me. I can allocate / read / write / delete
individual UNIX files using JCL with the PATH= parameter. But there is no way
to create any required subdirectories "on the fly" using JCL. The closest I can
come is to run a BPXBATCH or IKJEFT01 step to do a mkdir before running the
step which requires the new subdirectory. Does this bug anybody else? Or am
I the only weirdo around?

Not sure if this will work in USS, but on my linux systems I use "mkdir -p".
The "-p" argument will make the parent directories.

hth, Dave