Victor Gil on IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu> wrote on
08/26/2010 10:12:01 AM:
> Frank,
>
> Unfortunately, the 'hhmm' format is insufficient as the STCK timestamps
in
> question may cross midnight [so we need to account for a possible date
> change].  Is there a format that includes both the date and the time?

You could get the current date and time in yyyymmddhhmm form by using
DATE1 and TIME2.  You'd have to do the date/time arithmetic to subract
30 minutes correctly.

You could get the converted STCK value in yyyymmddhhmm form by using
DC1 and TC2.

> Also - yes, this is a VB file, so wouldn't the suggested
> manipulation actually
> affect the RDW value?

You would add the new fields after the RDW with INREC and then
remove them with OUTFIL.  So the records would temporarily
increase in size before OUTFIL processing (DFSORT would adjust
the RDW length automatically) and then be restored
to their original size after OUTFIL processing (again DFSORT
would adjust the RDW length automatically).

   INREC BUILD=(1,4,<new fields>,c:5)

c would be the new starting position of the original data that
previously started in position 5.  For example if the new fields
had a total length of 30, c would be 34.

   OUTFIL INCLUDE=(...),
     BUILD=(1,4,5:c)

Frank Yaeger - DFSORT Development Team (IBM) - yae...@us.ibm.com
Specialties: JOINKEYS, FINDREP, WHEN=GROUP, ICETOOL, Symbols, Migration

 => DFSORT/MVS is on the Web at http://www.ibm.com/storage/dfsort