From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 5:53 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: DASD Moderate Alert from EMC DMX4

\
> We started getting the following message from our EMC DMX4 Symmetrix
> over
> the weekend.  We are talking with EMC  but not getting very far.  So,
> does
> anyone know what the message is telling us?
>
> *IEA480E 400D,DASD,MODERATE ALERT,MT=2105,SER=0507-03966, 259
>  REFCODE=E467-0471-0000,VOLSER=DB0022,ID=01,SENSE=00001B10
> 0D268F01
>  8F400004 71000014 07000F7E 0001E467 05100200 FE000000

Brad,

Look up the REF Code in the Resource Pak.  Or ask your EMC CE what a E467
is.  I cannot remember which one means unable to phone home.  Also note,
that EMC can only report on the last DASD that IOS knew about, so it may not
even be that particular drive.

I have EMC and I always open a case to EMC support on these types of issues.

Lizette