> I think LINKAGE=SYSTEM requires the user to be in Authorized state.
> If I am correct, you need to look in the Authorized Services Manual
> (just like you would for other Authorized User Parms of macros that
> can also be used in non-Authorized mode).

  LINKAGE=SYSTEM (and LINKAGE=SVC) do not require the user to be
in an Authorized state unless some other parameter is specified
which requires authorization.  LINKAGE=BRANCH and
LINKAGE=GLOBALBRANCH require the user to be supervisor state,
key zero.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY