From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Santosh
Kandi
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 11:44 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Storage not freed in IPCS dump

It depends. It could be allocated and not getmained. The more accurate way
to find out is to use:

VERBX VSMDATA 'SUMMARY NOASIDS'   (For global memory)
or
VERBX VSMDATA 'NOGLOBAL SUMM ASID(dddd)' (For local memory)

>From there you should be able to find out if its allocated or free.

Look in MVS diag reference..there is a chapter on VSM.
ABCs of z/OS system prog Volume 8 is also a great resource.

Regards,
Santosh