From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Rick Humburg
Sent: 07 September 2010 15:49
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Visibility of New Volume in Storage Group

Hello,

I am trying to find an explanation for a volume note appearing in a list of
volumes for a storage group.  This volume has just been added.  The search
for volumes is being done with IEFSSREQ.

I have a dim (unreliable?) memory about a volume not "showing up" until an
allocation has been made to it.  Can anyone confirm this assumption?  Is
there any IBM documentation to this effect.  (I have searched DFSMS manuals
and the IBM-MAIN archive unsuccessfully.)

Thanks,
Rick Humburg