Just curious -- I came across a customer who is still running on a
z990, with no plans to upgrade or move off of z. That surprised me:
I'd've bet that the only z990s still running were in companies who are
certain they're turning off the z system (no matter how long it takes)
and are thus willing to spend far more $$$ on maintenance because they
don't want to enter into a new lease.

At the risk of asking folks to air dirty laundry, anyone still running
on hardware that old? Care to explain why?
--
zMan -- "I've got a mainframe and I'm not afraid to use it"