The title says it all, but I'll lay out the details so you can understand
why I want to know.

We have a modified version of ISTINCLM located in the VTAMLIB concatenation
ahead of the default in SYS1.VTAMLIB. That member is missing the CPSVCMG
logmode needed for an EE connection. The CPSVCMG logmode can be found in the
default IBM ISTINCLM member. There is no source for the customized member,
but I wrote a quick REXX exec that can regenerate a compatible source member
so I can integrate additional entries from the IBM source.

When I reassemble the source I get some duplicate labels - 21 in all.
Actually, they are duplicate MODEENT LOGMODE=name entries. I can see from
the current load module that duplicate entries really do exist. Part of the
problem is that they are not actually complete duplicates, as some of the
other fields do not match. Therefore, that prompts the question of how VTAM
is handling this. Does VTAM use the first matching entry for the requested
name in the table? Does it use the last entry? Does generate a hash table at
load time, and select one entry based on some other variable?

I'd like to clean up the source to remove the unused entries, but without
knowing which entry VTAM uses, I don't know which to delete. On the other
hand, I could leave the duplicates in place, ignore the assembler errors and
create a new load module with the additional IBM-original entries added, as
long as I can be assured that doing so won't alter the way VTAM handles the
duplicates. Of course the second option leaves me open to some future issue
should VTAM's handling of duplicates be changed.