Frank : don't know better details, since we don't use that functionality, but
one of the supposed abilities of the "Oracle Transparent Gateway for DB2"
(OTGDB2) was as a 2-way conduit ie. not only Oracle to DB2 (our usage) but DB2
to Oracle.  You might investigate the IMS gateway to verify that It *doesn't*
offer outbound queries as well.

---------->  signature = 6 lines follows <--------------
Neil Duffee, Joe SysProg, U d'Ottawa, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
telephone:1 613 562 5800 x4585                 fax:1 613 562 5161
mailto:NDuffee of uOttawa.ca     http:/ /aix1.uottawa.ca/ ~nduffee
"How *do* you plan for something like that?" Guardian Bob, Reboot
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."
"Systems Programming: Guilty, until proven innocent" John Norgauer 2004