On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 17:05:47 -0400 "Robert A. Rosenberg" <hal9...@panix.com>
wrote:

:>At 01:42 -0400 on 09/12/10, michealbutz wrote about Re: Issuing WTOR
:>SVC In Multitask Environment:

:>>        WTOR   'WAIT AND DON'T GIVE CONTROL TO ANOTHER TASK.',REPLY,1,RESPECB
:>>So instead of doing a WAIT ECB=RESPECB AFTER THE WTOR
:>>            HARDLOOP     DS   0H
:>>                         TM   RESBECB,X'40'
:>>                         BNO  HARDLOOP

:>The TM can be done in a processing loop with the BNO being replaced
:>with a BO to the routine to be run when the Reply is made. If not
:>posted yet, you go on and do other work. I think the EVENTS Macro can
:>also be used to create request to go to that routine when the reply
:>is made (it schedules an exit to be fired off when the ECB is POSTed).

Did not see the original post, but even this hard loop will not prevent other
tasks in the address space from running. This task will eventually reach its
time interval and will lose control, and there are always other CPU's.

The easiest way to stop the other tasks is to do an ENQ with SMC=STEP. Then
you can issue a normal WAIT.

http://www.dissensoftware.com