At 14:22 -0400 on 09/14/2010, George Henke wrote about Re: z/OS V1.12 differences and z196 (the new mainframe) imp:

Which compromises the entire purpose of the SAVE/RESTORE Register Convention
which has been held "sacred" since the beginning of S/360, PCP, and/or "S"
cubed.

If the 64-bit program calling the 24/31 bit program wants to insure the integrity of the high end of the registers, it is ITS responsibility to save them around the call. That is the function of the 64-bit storing Save Area formats. So long as the called program wants a old-style Format 1 Save area, the high end is subject to being altered.

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Binyamin Dissen <bdis...@dissensoftware.com