From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Ron Hawkins
Sent: יום ד 15 ספטמבר 2010 17:28
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: DFSMS and System Managed Buffering

Yifat,

Without any other specification, such as BUFSP at define or BFND on the
REPRO, IDCAMS without SMB used to default to BUFND of two, and only read one
CI at a time.

Are you saying the default changed, or changed for Extended Format?

I suggested it would not make huge difference for REPRO because the default
CISZ for VSAM is 18K or 26K, and a large BUFND would not make a large
difference in elapsed time on a small to medium size dataset.

Ron

Behalf Of
> Yifat Oren
> Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 4:05 AM
> To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
> Subject: Re: [IBM-MAIN] DFSMS and System Managed Buffering
>
> Tobias,
>
> The reason you are not seeing the expected savings is that the IDCAMS
REPRO

to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the
archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html