On 09/16/10 09:41, Patrick Lyon wrote:
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:17:14 -0400, Lizette Koehler
<stars...@mindspring.com>  wrote:

We are seeing small spurts in paging.  We will be going along fine for hours
and then suddenly see a 1-2 min spike in paging for DB2.  And when I say
spike, it goes from 0 page-in up to 35% pagein rate under RMF.  My workset
size is stable as are my page datasets.  But using STORF in RMF and going
for 3 min intervals does show this spike.  So when I look at a daily
results, it does not look like I am having any paging issues at all.

IBM has responded with the following

The increase paging and aux storage utilization directly related to
the move to 1.11 as well as paging in small bursts as you are seeing
definitely points directly at oa33307.  If you would like to take a dump
we can take a look to ensure the paging is being driven by shortages of
frames above 2gig.  A console dump of master taken as close to one of
the paging spikes as you can get it would be sufficient.
    You will not see and ira message indicators or asm indicators other
than probably a higher slot usage number or percent than you had prior
to the move to 1.11.

So it sounds like this may be an issue greater than I expected.  The APAR
talks about MASTER spikes, but on various newsgroups (CICS and DB2) it
looks
like it maybe more pervasive.

Just an FYI..

Lizette
FYI - OA33307 has been updated with the released PTFs.  Another APAR IBM
recommends is OA32947.

<snip>

I looked at OA33307 and it seems to apply to systems with a little over 2GB of real storage. Would it also apply to environments with real storage in the 20GB range?

--
Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

There you are, your own number on your very own door. And behind
that door, your very own office! Welcome to the team, DZ-015

Mr Warrenn - Brazil