On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:42:33 +0200, R.S. wrote:

>Q2. My ZFS has extents. I want to consolidate it to avoid out-of-extents
>condition in the future. How can I do it? Can I simply allocate larger
>cluster and perform IDCAMS REPRO?
>(the filesystem can be unmounted for that time)

DFDSS supports logical copy (and dump/restore) of zFS data sets. Just move
(COPY with "DEL PRG RECAT(*)") the unmounted zFS data set to another volume
with enough space (target is allocated in 1 extent) and then back to the
original volume. With flashcopy2/snapshot it's a fast operation

Norbert Friemel