On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 10:34:37 +0200, Matan Cohen wrote:

>Hi,
>When I started the websphere on the z/9 i noticed this message :
>*IRA103I **SQA**/**ESQA** HAS EXPANDED INTO **CSA**/**ECSA** BY   887 PAGES*
>

>entering to the Omegamon for MVS show this :
>
>Major Area         Real   Minor Area        Not/Fix     Fixed    Total
>High Private      1,117M                      1,109M        8M   1,117M
>Extended Private  4,091M                      4,013M   79,664K   4,091M
>                           (ELSQA)               92K   76,808K  76,900K
>Extended Common 104,884K  CSA                42,448K   16,860K  59,308K
>                          FLPA                             12K      12K
>                          PLPA               20,560K      288K  20,848K
>                          SQA                 1,996K   12,552K  14,548K
>                          Read/Write Nuc                  488K     488K
>                          Read-only Nuc                 9,680K   9,680K
>Common            2,132K  Read-only Nuc                   112K     112K
>                          Read/Write Nuc                   52K      52K
>                          SQA                             332K     332K
>                          PLPA                1,184K             1,184K
>                          CSA                   352K      100K     452K
>Private          55,580K  V=V                48,936K    6,628K  55,564K
>                           (LSQA)                       5,836K   5,836K
>                          System Area            16K                16K
>Abs Zero Frame       24K                                   24K      24K
>Available       187,724K
>DataOnly Spaces 446,216K
>DataOnly Sp Mgmt  5,876K
>Shared Fixed        664K
>Shared Pageable 144,948K
>Page Table        5,656K
>Local Quad        3,312K
>BDF                  24K
>TDF                  24K
>SQA Reserved         20K
>DAT Off Nucleus      16K
>Total Storage         6G
>

>we have performance problem with the WAS but in HIGH CPU meaning
>I wander if i should care for this message and increase the SQA or consider
>other steps, any advise on this issue will be appreciate .

Kees is right.  You should see what your utilization is and make any
necessary adjustments before the next IPL.  The display from Omegamon
is not the one that you should be looking at.  If you are in classic
Omegamon, the command that you need to show how the common
storage areas are utilized is:

 CSAA SUMMARY

This would be option "O" on the Omegamon Main Menu.

The amount of CSA and SQA can only be specified at IPL time.

--
Tom Marchant