From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Rob Scott
Sent: 22 September 2010 14:57
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: IEFU85

IEFU85 is invoked when SMFEWTM is invoked with the BRANCH=YES and XMEM=YES
operands.

Note that the caller *must* be in primary ASC mode - so all items referenced by
the IEFU85 exit parameter list will be in the PASN so you do not need any ALETs
to access them.

One very clear and useful (to me) usage of SMFEWTM with BRANCH=YES and XMEM=YES
would be when you want to write an SMF record from a PC-ss routine.

Rob Scott
Lead Developer
Rocket Software
275 Grove Street * Newton, MA 02466-2272 * USA
Tel: +1.617.614.2305
Email: rsc...@rs.com
Web: www.rocketsoftware.com