On 9/28/2010 11:44 AM, Howard Brazee wrote:
On 28 Sep 2010 10:29:46 -0700, rpin...@netscape.com (Richard Pinion)
wrote:

That's what we have done.  We were hoping SORT would be able to do it.
We would rather use a system utility as opposed to writing our own code.

One reason for writing my own code is that all of the programmers can
read and maintain CoBOL or EasyTrieve.    But most only know the
simplest basics in the SORT utility.

We can fix that ;-)

  http://www.trainersfriend.com/JCL_courses/B625descrpt.htm

... and we're just down the road.

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment