"Charles Mills" <charl...@mcn.org> wrote in message
news:<035701cb5f15$537cf080$fa76d1...@org>...
> In another thread Barbara Nitz wrote "If TCPIP services are needed for
> successful shutdown [of a vendor product], then the product MUST be
shutdown
> before TCPIP services go away." I admit to having given little thought
(so
> far -- it's fairly early in the design process) to this issue.
>
> Is there a way to do that other than documentation and/or suggesting
the use
> of an automation product? (Not that there's anything wrong with
> documentation and automation.)
>
> Programming-wise, we should make sure that STOP never gets us into a
stupid
> "waiting for TCP/IP to come up" situation. Other than that sort of
thing, is
> there anything else we should be doing relative to shutdown and
> dependencies?
>
> Charles Mills

An automation product does not replace your doc searches. It only does
what you tell it to, so you still much figure out your dependencies,
from docs I suppose. We run System Automation for z/OS and have a huge
number of so called trees of dependencies (parent-child relations), for
both startup and shutdown.

Kees.

e-mail, and delete this message.

33014286