>We have an occasional problem where an operator inadvertently issues the JES
>$E restart command against one of our CICS regions.  The effect of the $E
>command is deferred until the current job step ends...typically with the
>weekly restart.  The problem is that the job never really ends, AF/Operator
>doesn't continue shutting down the rest of the CICS regions and the batch
>process waiting on CICS waits until an astute operator detects the problem and
>manually cancels the CICS job.
>
>Is there any way to nullify the effect of the $E command after it has been
>issued?  If so I could have AF/Operator issue the appropriate commands.

I would probably use AF Oper to capture the $E command, and put out an ARE YOU
SURE WTO.  Or prohibit the use of the $E command against anything but print.
Or have AF/OPER test to see if it is something NOT CICS.

Only option I would see might be to cycle JES  however that can be distruptive
or may not work.  But there is not CANCEL $E command avaialble.

Lizette