My IEFUSI (not yet updated for storage above the bar reasonably large defaults
are provided through SMFPRM00) makes REGION a binary switch. You either get my
generous defaults or you code REGION=0M and we give you everything can less a
buffer for recovery.

That's a very enlightened approach.
Where I have the problem, is when somebody reduces the region size.

>REGION ABEND's are a waste of human resources to resolve

Exactly!

>and REGION won't protect me from most of the (authorized) animals that have
>every actually caused me problems overallocating real or virtual storage.

Most of the time, a Batch job with REGION=0M is not the culprit.
What are the odds that multiple jobs are going to be running at the same time
with REGION=0M?
But, how many started tasks have it encoded?

-
I'm a SuperHero with neither powers, nor motivation!
Kimota!