From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Dave Kopischke
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:32 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: HMC Web Interface

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:37:07 -0400, Jousma, David wrote:

>What kind of errors are you getting?   I am running XP at work yet, but
>am using IE8 with no problems.

I get the initial home page for the HMC, but when I click for the sign-on page,
the app hangs. It's that flash page that says "Please Wait" with CANCEL and
HELP buttons. It used to be a quick flash of that page and then the sign-on
page would display. Now it hangs.

I also went through several iterations of JAVA maintenance trying to find a
workable combination. I finally managed to get the sign-on page and get
signed on, but when the app displayed the HMC pages, the scrollable task
pane on the right is totally missing and right-clicking for a task list
wouldn't
work.

XP with IE8 does work ??? That's interesting. One of my colleagues has been
using Windows 7/IE8 for about 6 months. His AS/400 HMC was working fine.
Then the desktop folks pushed out a standardized desktop to him and it all
quit. Same errors as I'm getting. Hmmmmmm