Thanks, Eileen, for showing me the way. I have been able to create a C
program that calls a few assembler modules to do the BLDL call to get the
STEPLIB concatenation nr, and then the RDJFCB call to get the dataset name.
It was a bit complicated because the C program is 31 bit and RDJFCB must use
24-bit addresses, so I've had to create my own version of __malloc24(), which
C functions don't work in 31 bit mode eventhough that fact is not
documented :-(.

So now a submitted program can find out the name of its own library by
looking at STEPLIB. The next thing to do is figure out how the program can do
the same when called from TSO using the CALL 'HLQ.LIB(PROG)' command. Any
ideas?

Thanks,

Etienne