In our case, we saw no problem whatsoever in moving from 32-bit OS/390
2.10 to 64-bit z/OS 1.4.  We did, however, hit a couple of glitches (in ISV
software -- Model 204 and CA-Dispatch) when we finally increased the amount of
physical memory allocated to our production LPAR to more than 2GiB.

Jon

<snip>
As far as 64-bit bugs with more than 2G real, as Chris pointed out
the IBM bugs have been fixed for years.  So have the ISV bugs. So
unless you are running very old ISV software, I personally wouldn't
give it a second thought.
</snip>