> I am a new subscriber to IBM Mainframe  Discussion List. I have
> completed a
> course in Mainframe technologies and I am searching a job in Mainframe
> domain. I want to know where can I get the sample coding for Cobol-DB2
> and
> Cobol-CICS beginners programs which will be useful for my studies.

Welcome.

You can find samples in the IBM Manuals for the various products.  Probably
a GOOGLE search will also turn up some coding samples as well.  Typically
the Samplib datasets for COBOL, Language Environment, CICS or DB2 will also
contain sample programs.  Remember, the sample codes just does basic
functions.  It does not show what a trainer could show you for the function.

The studies of the mainframe environment is large and it is always good to
get proper instruction from trainers.  You cannot learn the correct
procedures to code for these environments from looking at sample code.

If you go to www.ibm.com\redbooks   and search on cobol programming it will
come up with a list of redbooks which can get you started.  If you are in a
mainframe environment, then contact your application staff and see if they
can help you as well.

There are individual newsgroups for COBOL, CICS and DB2.  You could join
them as well for information.

Lizette