maryanne4...@gmail.com (Mary Anne Matyaz) writes:
> I'd always heard Social Conversation in a Drunken Stupor.

the definition I was told in the 60s was the

Society for Continuous Inebreation During Share

back in the days of open bar ... and one of the activities was seeing
how many bottles could be slipped into your jacket for when SCIDS was
closed. The story I was told at the time was that IBM'ers weren't
allowed to include alcohol in travel expenses ... so it was bundled as
part of SHARE registration. The other activity was thursday night
(actually very early friday am), after scids was closed ... the
unconsumed beverage was taken to the SHARE president's suite ... and one
of the activities was helping limit the amount that had to be dealt
with.