On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 12:34:42 +0200 Marco Gianfranco Indaco
<mgind...@gmail.com> wrote:

:>Hi to all, it's probably a stupid question.
:>Which is the most expensive method to call a program in batch mode?
:>Using a PGM=program within a submitted(and converted) jcl or calling the
:>program from a another one.
:>And what about data definition?
:>Allocate a file within a program or from the jcl?

:>i.e. It's better to have 3 job that call 3 pgm or a program that has 3
:>nested call?

First off all, you have to define expense - cost of people versus cost of
processing.

Obviously a single TCB will use less CPU but a mish-mosh of a program will
cost more people time should there ever be a problem or a need of a change.

http://www.dissensoftware.com