We did that same migration about 5 years ago during the 'transformation' to
IBM as part of the outsource to IBM Global Services.  One of the key
'facilities/functions' we "lost" was the use of the OPS/MVS "OPSAOF"
operator command.  The "OPSAOF" command allows a console operator ( or
anyone/anything else ) to LIST, ENABLE or DISABLE OPS/MVS Rules.  We used
"OPSAOF" to disable some OPS/MVS Message rules that would get triggered when
any of our very important Started Tasks would get shutdown, like during the
shutdown of z/OS prior to an IPL.  We were told that SA/390 had no facility
like "OPSAOF".  For example, at the beginning of our z/OS shutdown process,
we had the following commands issued:

OPSAOF DISABLE MSG.msgrule1
OPSAOF RESETAUTO MSG.msgrule1
OPSAOF DISABLE MSG.msgrule2
OPSAOF RESETAUTO MSG.msgrule2
............. etc etc etc etc ...........

Disabling these OPS/MVS "MSG Rules" would prevent unnecessary SNMP messages
being sent ( by these "MSG Rules" to our CA-Unicenter server.  Note that the
"RESETAUTO" command will keep the "MSG Rule" disabled when OPS/MVS starts,
say during the next IPL/Startup.

Then at the end of our z/OS startup process, we had the following commands
issued:
OPSAOF ENABLE MSG.msgrule1
OPSAOF SETAUTO MSG.msgrule1
OPSAOF ENABLE MSG.msgrule2
OPSAOF SETAUTO MSG.msgrule2

We also would disabled an individual "MSG Rule" whenever we needed to
shutdown a specific Started Task.  Why send out 'alerts' to the 'world' when
we are shutting down a Started Task, say for maintenance.

HTH

Glenn Miller