My problem in all of this is that I am unfamiliar with the term eduction as
anything but a technical one in geology.

It is not I suppose impossible, on the principles of English word formation, as
a substantive formed from educe (educere); but I have never seen it; the OED
wots not of it; and I am thus very suspicious of its  legitimacy, even as a
nonce word.

I remember going astray, ætat 4 or 5, when I first  encountered the French word
impayable and took it for a legitimate English one too; but I am older now and
not so easy to fool.

John Gilmore Ashland, MA 01721-1817 USA