On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 16:33:32 -0500, Petersen, Jim wrote:

>We are using Data Domain for VTL.   What we have found is that even
though a tape goes scratch in our Tape Library Manager, the space is still in
use for that "Scratch Tape" on the Data Domain.   Has anyone else
experienced this problem and how did you solve it?

The "clean" process is intended to free up and reorg (defrag ?) the disk. Are
you running that ??? The default is for it to run weekly on Tuesday mornings;
try command "filesys clean status" to find the last date it completed.

The devices don't allow tapes to go scratch until a specified amount of time
has elapsed since creation. Ours is set to 10 days. I think the default is 5
days. I'm not sure how to check that. It might be "retention lock" in the
filesys command set, but you'll have to look that one up.

Are you sending your scratch list to the VTL ??? I'm told you should send the
complete list, but I filter ours. It takes a while to push a couple hundred
thousand VOL=SERs through, so I only send the tapes that aren't already in
the scratch pool file.

Those are the only things that come to mind at the moment. Good Luck.