It's not clear to me exactly what you mean, but I presume you mean
you use On/Off Capacity on Demand to upgrade the processor and
then some ISV (3rd party) software notices the processor change and
stops working because it's not licensed for that processor.

There's no way of limiting the processor change to one LPAR--changing
the hardware affects the entire CEC.  You can play with weights,
number of logical CPs, and potentially capping within the LPAR
definitions so only one will gain the benefit of increased capacity of
course.

But if you upgrade a -704 to a -705, then you're running on a -705.  If
your ISV software contracts say you pay based on the capacity of the
entire machine, then you have a contractual issue to deal with.  And
that's why we don't actually use OOCoD here to do temporary capacity
changes--there are a lot of contractual issues to deal with first.