On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 17:16 -0800, Cassandra Castle wrote:
> Thank you, for now sysout, jes logs, job logs, etc...

We have used Infopac / JCL from ASG in the past. It places the job
output into separate sequential datasets.

We currently use CA-JMR from CA. Our programmers and Production Control
people like it. It puts __all__ output from __all__ jobs for a given
time period (we use a calendar day) into a single dataset. It also
maintains an index for this dataset so that you can view a single job or
even a single sysout within a given job, a bit like SDSF when you put
the ? in front of a job's output in the H or O screen.

And you might want to review this email about SyzSpool.

http://www.mail-archive.com/ibm-main@bama.ua.edu/msg111212.html

If you are super-cheap <grin>, I have a REXX program which we use at DR
to copy stuff from JES2 to disk datasets (non-destructively) which works
using the SDSF REXX interface. It's worth what you pay for it! <grin>

--
John McKown
Maranatha! <><