spoke to soon.... you are right ...can't change it ...can't add like then
change it....sorry

Brian France <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
11/15/2005 03:20 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
HCD, change existing partition from MVS to VM....

Folks,
    Some years ago I created a partition for our then test IFL to bring up

z/VM and Linux. I still can't remember the whys but it ended up being
defined as MVS. We've had no problems until now. We want to connect to a
san fabric to get to open systems data on our shark. We have found that to

accomplish this fibre hookup, it needs to be VM in the operating system
config. Is there anyway to accomplish this without a re-keying or
connecting by hand all that it had. I see I can not just change it from
MVS
to VM. I've tried several different copy and or move the config and it
always brings MVS along. Ideas appreciated...

Brian W. France
Systems Administrator (Mainframe)
Pennsylvania State University
Administrative Information Services - Infrastructure/Sysarc
Rm 25 Shields Bldg., University Park, Pa. 16802
814-863-4739
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The information contained in this electronic mail message, and any and all
accompanying documents, constitutes confidential information.  If you are
not the intended recipient of this information, any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on it is strictly
prohibited.  If you received this information in error, please notify the
sender immediately and destroy this communication.  Messages sent via this
medium may be subject to delays and/or unauthorized alteration.  Neither
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, Ltd. nor any of its affiliates shall be held
liable for the contents of this message.