There is the utility IEFESO in SAMPLIB, in conjunction with the member
IEFESOJL.

You can modify the asm code to your liking.  We did some very basic
changes to it to get what we wanted.
I ended up with a report like this:

Data set FAC.CB.CH.CIMSDISK.BKPOCT03                  was found to be
cataloged using esoteric CART        F02645  1
Data set FAC.CB.CH.CIMSDISK.OCT03                     was found to be
cataloged using esoteric CART        F02651  1
Data set FAC.CB.SPD.HSTAUG92                          was found to be
cataloged using esoteric CART        F19845  1
Data set FAC.COB2TEST                                 was found to be
cataloged using esoteric ????????
Data set FAC.HM.HELPERS2                              was found to be
cataloged using esoteric ????????
Data set FAC.MVS.SMFAPR01.P1                          was found to be
cataloged using esoteric CART        R00123  1
Data set FAC.MVS.SMFAPR01.P1                          was found to be
cataloged using esoteric CART        R00048  1
Data set FAC.PP.LINKLIB                               was found to be
cataloged using esoteric ????????
Data set FAC.TP.HELPERS.TCPTST                        was found to be
cataloged using esoteric ????????

Of course, you probably should scan JCL libraries and change to using a
Generic name like '3480'.

gabe

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> G'day
> I did do a fair amount of reading on the list to see if someone has
> already done something of this sort.  Apparently yes but with way more

> experience than I have.  Hence asking for help.
>
> We are in the process of decomissioning old ESOTERICs.  I would like
> to know if there is a possibility for me to track who is using a
> particular ESOTERIC.  To the best of my knowledge this is not
> available in SMF, can't be directly figured out from the CATALOG
> entries through DEVTYPE.  I read most of what Bruce Black and others
> discussed.  Still can't see the light.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> brgds
> @sh.

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html