A requirement that the data be in a network directory is not the same as a
requirement that the data end up on a PC.  You can write your data to a z/OS
Unix file in a directory that is part of a LAN share using the DFS component
of z/OS.  You can also share MVS data sets, but with HFS or ZFS files you
can have remote users reading even while the file is open for writing by a
z/OS process.