In <listserv%201011191553181273.0...@bama.ua.edu>, on 11/19/2010
   at 03:53 PM, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> said:

>Is that much different from "address ISREDIT END" or "address ISREDIT
>CANCEL", which I've seen (mis-)used in edit macros.

Those only make sense if you don't try to use any other EDIT
facilities in the macro. Since the normal reason for writing an EDIT
macro is to manipulate the EDIT session, ...

>Or "address TSO LOGOFF" in an EXEC started under a Unix shell.

It's not immediate regardless of who called the REXX code; it takes
effect the next time the TMP is looking for a command to run, which
might be hours.

>Yes.  The CMS version implements the stream I/O instructions. (I
>know those are MFC; are they actually ANSI?)

Yes, STREAM is ANSI, as are the extensions to address.