On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 12:54 AM, Sheldon Davis <sda...@isracard.co.il> wrote:
> I would love to know how a corrupt system file in a parrallel sysplex can
> affect
> a payroll system
>
> http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2010/11/29/nab_mainframe_cockup/

That was not payroll.  That was a bank.  They screwed up all
transactions for a week after a conversion and fallback.  I would be
really curious as to how the database was functioning without crashing
while processing all those bad transactions.

Almost like they were processing the same old (duplicate) transactions
(?same GDG?) on one system while another system was putting new
transactions into newer files (GDG +1) which the other system did not
see (many missing transactions).  Maybe if they said which days were
repeated and which days were missed we could learn more?

Does the sysplex carry catalog updates (new file names) across
systems?  Are there Coupling Facility links that spread catalog
updates to other systems?

--
Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA