In my experience, most CICS transactions (COBOL using BMS) are written
to only the basic "Model 2" 24x80 screen size, and are "mapped" to a
PROFILE that does not specify any "alternate screen size"; and if the
"terminal" is LOGAPPL'd to a CICS region, probably include a MODEENT
that has the "query bit" unset (i.e., PSERVIC=x'0200....').  Thus, CICS
likely uses only the "default" screen size and avoids sending the QUERY
structured field in the first place.

    -jc-