Juan,  Read on through that hsm book a few pages and you get more details
and then find this statement;
'5. If no RACF tape volume sets are defined to DFSMShsm but all tapes are
protected by an existing RACF generic profile, then specify SETSYS
TAPESECURITY(RACF|RACFINCLUDE). '

My understanding of this is that when no specific hsm tape volume sets are
defined hsm will not attempt to maintain them, but will know the hsm tapes
are protected by RACF (generic TAPEVOL profile).

However, following up the caution from Walt; I advise you to test any
changes first and be sure to include hsm EOV processing, writing to
scratch tapes and recycle......  Be sure it still all works

Mike Wood   RMM Development