G'DAY
We have a problem with an ML2 tape.  Since this partition has duplexing I did a
HSEND TAPEREPL OVOL(WA1055). The command was successfu (as shown below)l making
the former AVOL WA1163 into OVOL or original.
ARC0952I THE ORIGINAL OF A DUPLEXED PAIR WAS REPLACED BY THE ALTERNATE:WA1163.
ARC0952I (CONT.)  ALL DUPLEX INDICATORS HAVE BEEN REMOVED.

Next I issued the command
HSEND TAPECOPY ORIGINALVOLUMES(WA1163)
It took abou 2 hours to complete. I received the message :
ARC0423I VOLUME COPY COMPLETE - SOURCE=WA1163
ARC0423I (CONT.) TARGET=WA0797
ARC0422I TAPECOPY COMPLETED - RETURN CODE=0
Next I did a LIST TTOC (WA0797)
I got error code :
- DFSMSHSM CONTROL DATASET - TAPE VOLUME TTOC - LISTING - AT 13:40:18 ON 10/12/0
ARC0184I ERROR WHEN READING THE DFSMSHSM CONTROL DATA SET V RECORD FOR WA0797,
RC=0004
ARC0184I ERROR WHEN READING THE DFSMSHSM CONTROL DATA SET X RECORD FOR WA0797,
RC=0004
ARC0814I LIST TTOC PROCESSING TERMINATING EARLY, RC=009
----- END OF - TAPE VOLUME TTOC - LISTING -----
I am not sure why this is happening. Shouldn't it have all the records as
in WA1163?
Next I issued a HSEND LIST ML2 TAPE. The report shows WA1163 but under the
DUPLEX ALT column it shows as *NONE*
Shouldn't it show WA0797? Or is there something else that I need to do in order
for it to appear as the alternate volume.  Maybe my understanding of the
TAPECOPY is skewered.  I um under the impression that the TAPECOPY creates the
AVOL.  Could somebody correct my understanding and please suggest how I can
create a AVOL of the OVOL?

Thanks