You're reading it correctly, Charles. But you might try using a substitution parameter for the same purpose.

Rick
Charles Mills wrote:

Am I reading the JCL reference correctly that there is no way to override an
EXEC statement or the PGM= parameter of an EXEC statement in a cataloged
procedure? No way to do something like

//STEP1    EXEC   MYPROC,PGM.PROCSTP1=IEFBR14

Or

//STEP1    EXEC   MYPROC
//STEP1.PROCSTP1 EXEC PGM=IEFBR14

(I am assuming here not modifying the proc, which does not already have an
&PGM symbol.)

Charles