Hi Johnny,

In a recent post you stated:

"I issued the command 'LISTDSD DA(md0006.tools.jcl) ALL' and received
the message that there is no RACE definition for it.

However,I don't know if this is just enough to draw the conclusion that this
data set is not RACF-protected."

I tried the command against one of my own data sets, and got the message;

ICH35003I NO RACF DESCRIPTION FOUND FOR IBMUSER.JCL.CNTL

However if I re-issue the command in the form:

LISTDSD DA(ibmuser.*)        ALL

Then I get the RACF details for the generic profile which governs the data set.
The difference is that in the first example where an explicit data set name is
supplied the command looks for a specific profile, whereas in the second
example a generic profile is located. Unfortunately generic profiles my be
built as any level, so additiona executions of the command may be necessary,
i.e. LISTDSD DA(ibmuser.jcl.*)   ALL to get a complete picture.

Kind regards - Terry

Terry Sambrooks
Director
KMS-IT Limited
228 Abbeydale Road South
Dore
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
UK

Tel +44 (0) 114 262 0933
Web www.kmsitltd.co.uk

Reg: England & Wales 3767263 at the above address

All outgoing E-mails are scanned but it remains the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that their system is protected from infection by virus,
Trojans, and worms.