Bill Fairchild wrote:

>Both.

>The hardware part of it is described in the Principles of Operation.  A
>control
register bit, if on, enables LAP.
>The software part of it is that at NIP the operating system (z/OS) turns the
bit on.
>When LAP is enabled, any attempt by the running program to store into
virtual addresses 0-511 of page 0 on a CPU is prevented.

Thanks. I appreciate your excellent explanation! I know about low virtual
addresses are protected in a special way.

All of the very best for you! And please keep up with your excellent postings!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht