On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Micheal Butz <michealb...@optonline.net>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The paramd paramter on the SETFRR
> Macro when adding a FRR you give FRR a address where to return a pointer to
> a 24 byte area
>
> Where would set what info you want passed to your recovery routine in the
> 24 byte area

At the risk of handing you a loaded gun... when you issue SETFRR, the
parameter address that is returned to you points to FRRSPARM which is a 24
byte area at the end of the current FRR stack entry. You can store whatever
you want in that area (up to 24 bytes, of course) so a typical use case
would be to store anchor information so that your FRR recovery routine can
find its butt in the dark without a flashlight.What your FRR routine *does*
is the hard part.

You're in pretty dangerous territory to be stumbling about in the dark. *IF*
you do this, I strongly recommend that you do *NOT* attempt to retry out of
your recovery routine. Just gather some diagnostics (carefully!) write a
message (carefully!) and issue SETRP to percolate with a LOGREC. If you want
better diagnostics than that you can request an SVC dump by issuing SDUMP
from within your recovery routine, but be careful with that too. You can
easily bring a system to its knees by taking excessive dumps.

Good luck

--
This email might be from the
artist formerly known as CC