From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Hayim
Sokolsky [hsokol...@dtcc.com]
Sent: 28 December 2010 22:18
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Authorized Rexx Assembler Function

The short version goes like this, at least it used to work this way. It
probably still does.

IKJEFT01 (the "READY" prompt) is authorized. For every command that is
run, it attaches IKJEFT02 to process the command. IKJEFT02 in turn checks
to see if the command being run is in the authorized command list in
IKJTSOxx. If it is, it directly attaches the command, which is still
authorized. If it is not in the table, it attaches IKJEFT09 to attach the
command. IKJEFT09 is unauthorized, and therefore the command can not be
authorized.

IKJEFT01 (authorized)
--attach--> IKJEFT02 (authorized)
            --attach--> command (authorized)

IKJEFT01 (authorized)
--attach--> IKJEFT02 (authorized)
            --attach--> IKJEFT09 (non-authorized)
                        --attach--> command (non-authorized)

Hayim
_____________________________________
Hayim Sokolsky, CISSP
    Mainframe Security Architect
    DTCC Corporate Information Security
    18301 Bermuda Green Dr, MS 1-CIS
    Tampa FL 33647-1760

    Tel. (813) 470-2177

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu> wrote on 2010.12.28
14:51:07:

> By asking these questions, I'm only curious, learning, and want to
> know as much about z/OS as I can.  Having said that...
>
> What exactly happens to cause an authorized Rexx assembler function
> to be un-authorized, even if AC(1) and run from an authorized
> library?  Do you mainipulate the JSCBAUTH?  Do you somehow mark the
> library as unathorized?  (or is that the same thing?)  Or is this
> simply a part of TSO?  Then why not let me simply add it to the
IKJTSOxx?

> (I realize that some or all of the above shows a lack of knowledge
> about TSO and authorized "stuff".)
>
> And if you know, why was it designed this way?
>
> Thank you!
> Lindy

<FONT size=2><BR>
DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any
attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email.</FONT>