You still need to "connect" them in the gen, so you will use 2 CHPIDs.  Both
will be defined as ICP.  I have one DEDicated to the ICF, and the other SHRed
between the MVS images.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of R.S.
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 10:55 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ICP channels

Shane,
I guess I'm misuderstood.
I don't discuss how many links should be used (IMHO two is OK), I'm
talking about single link definition: doeas it consume one or two chpid
numbers.  Let me explain it again:
Classic connection:

MVS -CHP10 ---- CHP11-CF

CHP 10 is ICS, CHP 11 is ICR.

Now peer mode link, version A:

MVS -CHP11- CF

Is the above possible ?
Or, the only way is version B:

MVS -CHP10 ---- CHP11-CF

which is the same as classic, with the exception both CHPs are defined
as ICP.

Regards
--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

ibm-main wrote:
> "peer mode" links could use a single link, although I always define
> multiples.
> No extra cost for the emulated ones within a (single) CEC.
>
> Shane ...
>
> From: "R.S."
>

>>"Classic" link requires two chpids, one for ICS, the second for ICR.
>>Is it possible to establish MVS-CF link using *one* ICP emulated chpid ?

disclaimer:

http://www.csfb.com/legal_terms/disclaimer_external_email.shtml