From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Larry Dinwiddie
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 9:44 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: CMS Sort Descending?

Another way (and maybe better for you) is to issue the following:

LISTFILE fn ft fm (DA EX        This creates a CMS EXEC file

XEDIT CMS EXEC A
Issue the XEDIT command:  sort * d 70 71 64 68 73 80 Issue the XEDIT command:
FILE

>From the Ready prompt issue:
CMS EXEC execname               This will issue your EXEC execname
against every file in the CMS EXEC file which is now in descending date/time
order

Larry