On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 6:23 PM, Ted MacNEIL <eamacn...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> >happens frequently in production on restarts with a dd override.
>
> I am not criticising, but I don't understand your reply.

No criticism taken.

I'm just talking about a dd override in the jcl to change control cards or
other 80 data.

Could be bad information in a sequential dataset that is quicker and easier
to fix by using instream data from a dd override when a deadline is
approaching.

With in stream data, you can insert the correct data without having to run a
one off job to update a production data set name.

Assuming the sysout is archived it is documented that an override occurred.

It is not for everyday usage but for on-call, application down, situations.

Let me know if you want more details.

Cheers,
Sam