Mark Pace wrote:

One thing I've been taught since I was in school 30+ years ago.  Do not use
NOT logic.  COND goes against everything I've worked at my entire career.

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Lindy Mayfield
<lindy.mayfi...@ssf.sas.com>wrote:

LOL.  I've been writing JCL for 25 years and I still cannot get the COND
right.

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Paul Gilmartin [paulgboul...@aim.com]
Sent: 20 January 2011 02:45
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: If Else JCL question

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 13:13:03 -0800, Cris Hernandez #9 wrote:

suppose I'm old school, never saw a need to code IF-THEN-ELSE in JCL, only
use cond code checking and never have any issues with step execution or job
flow.
the only cond code testing I ever do when writing procs is, "if it's true,
it's through", meaning the step/job won't execute if the COND is true.
I guess IBM added all that IF-THEN-ELSE stuff because too many coders
never learned that lesson.
  http://db.cs.berkeley.edu/postgres.html

-- gil